Friday, April 23, 2010

More Maxers



  • We thought it would be fun to sign Max and Lukas up for a little indoor soccer league. They are on the same team with all their little neighborhood buddies. It is so fun to watch them play. They have games on Saturdays and sometimes during the week we’ll go to the church to practice just for fun, so they get the feel of it. Max loves to kick the ball, but gets easily frustrated when the game is going on and the ball isn’t just for him or doesn’t come directly to him. He doesn’t understand why he can’t pick it up with his hands either. He is doing so well just showing up for the game in his little jersey, so I’m thrilled!! He sits out most of the game and pouts, but there are times when he’ll go in and run after the ball (only to be frustrated that it’s not coming to him). His coach is so cute with him (our next door neighbor, Holden’s daddy). He’ll hold his hand and help him chase the ball.
  • Max’s new word is “dude”. Every toy or action figure is a dude.
  • He has recently started having accidents again. Just when I thought we were doing so well and he was getting so big. He’s regressing. Maybe it’s the baby coming?? I just don’t know.
  • He drinks so much milk. I could just hook him up to an IV with milk and he’d be happy.
  • When he wants me to say something, he’ll tell me what to say. “Mom, can I have milk? Say, ‘Sure’”.
  • He asks me every day if I’ll play army dudes or Batman or ninja with him. He loves to pretend and play boy things.
  • He has a hard time in social situations, but is slowly getting better. If I don’t make a big deal about it, he does better and if he’s ignored (by others) it is better, too. Primary has been hard. He doesn’t want to sit with his teach or class and usually throws a fit if I force him. I teach a class myself, so it’s hard to have him sit with me. This Sunday he decided on his own that he was going to sit with his class and he did for ALL of sharing/singing time! I was so proud of him.
  • I overheard Max say, “What the hell?” the other day. Looks like someone needs to watch their language around the kids. Oops.
  • Max loves to twirl around and get dizzy. He’ll laugh and say, “Mom, I feel busy”.
  • If you ask Max what he wants to do he’ll say, “Play a game.” He loves to play tic tac toe or our “Horton” game or connect 4. He’ll go to the game closet and pick a game to play and he’s actually pretty good. Max always asks if I want to play a game with him and I tell him that I am tired, so he says, “We can play a resting game.” And he’ll always bring it to the couch and we can sit there together and play it.
  • Wolfie recently went to the vet to get neutered and had to wear a big plastic cone for a week. Max always felt so sorry for him. When we could finally take it off Max kept saying, “I’m so happy Wolfie has his comb off.” He really has grown to love Wolfie. He pets him and tries to do tricks with him.
  • Me- “Max, why did you pee your pants?” Max- “Because I just couldn’t stand it.”
  • Max wakes up happy all the time and is generally in a good mood in the morning.
  • He came up to me the other day and said, “Mom, I have something for you.” Then he proceeded to give me a big hug. Then he said, “I have something else you’ll like.” And he gave me a kiss. SO CUTE.
  • He is always checking for Zoey's umbilical cord. He'll ask, "Mom, what is that...her extension cord?"

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Max is SO cute! I wish I could see him! He is just so funny. Is Wolfie potty trained yet?