Sunday, January 17, 2010

Max at 3


Max is getting so big and talking so much. His mind is really working things out and trying to figure out life. I can't believe he's 3. I love to listen to his voice and all the things he schemes up. He still melts my heart.
  • He loves to snuggle with me. I'll lay on the couch and he'll come lay his head on the pillow and cover himself up. He asks me to "scoop over" for him.
  • Every morning he wakes up fairly happy and asks for milk and dinner. (Which really he means breakfast). So I ask him what he wants to eat and every time he says, "I want eggs and bacon and toast and noodles." But when I do make him eggs, they just sit there, so I just fill up the milk and he's happy.
  • He still says "W's" for his "R's".
  • He wants to be big. He wants so badly to go to preschool and be in karate and do what Lukas does.
  • He loves to say, "What the heck!"
  • He has such a hard time going to play group and his primary class. When people give him attention, he covers his face with his arm and sinks into my lap. ??
  • He is still the biggest trouble maker ever. He makes messes faster than I can stop him. And he always blames Lukas.
  • When he is in trouble for doing something, he'll cover his bum and say, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" for fear that he'll get spanked.
  • When he gets mad, he'll hit, bite, kick, scratch and let you know that he is not happy.
  • He is doing better at sleeping in his bed all night and he'll fall asleep pretty fast every night. Still no naps, though.
  • If Lukas is getting in trouble, he'll start to cry right along with him. "No, he's my bludder. Don't do that to him!"
  • He likes to sing songs like; Twinkle Twinkle, or Book of Mormon stories, or Christmas songs. He's so cute with his little voice. I love it.
  • He loves my "New Moon" and will talk about Jacob and Bella.
  • He says "Actually" a lot ("Actually, I changed my mind") and "Correct?" (That is Lukas' book, correct?" I guess it's more like "coe-wect".)
  • He talks about our baby coming and seems to be excited. We'll see when she gets here...
  • Max is obsessed with flashlights. Anytime he sees one, he'll turn it on and never let it go. We've been through dozens I'm sure. I find them later, dead and broken.
  • When we're at a store, he'll run under a clothing rack and say, "Mom, say, 'Where's my Max'?" And then I do and he'll jump out at me.
  • His favorite thing to do is push himself on the office chair through the house. Up and back up and back. All day. It drives me crazy b/c it's so loud.

No comments: