Monday, August 9, 2010

Mr. Max at 3 1/2


Holy Cow, am I really posting another picture of Max with an owie? This kid has had more bumps and bruises than any other kid I know. We had a neighborhood BBQ outside and Max took a nasty spill while being pushed on a play car. It was bad. No stitches though, but very puffy and a very black eye. He got tired of people asking what happened to him and gets very grumpy when you say anything about it. Stinker. We are really working with him on how to be nice to people (he gets very shy) and being social. He usually ends up playing with Lukas and his friends and so he doesn't have any friends of his own. He still will not go to Primary and sits with me and goes to class with me. I don't know what to do to help him. He will start preschool in awhile, so we'll see how he does there. Despite his social problems, he is the sweetest, cutest boy. He loves to say, "Mom, do you want to cuddle with me?" "Can we have some you and me time?" "Of course I will." "Oh, don't worry Mom, I won't." He absolutely LOVES watching any and all Scooby Doo movies. He likes to dress up with Lukas (Robin is his favorite) and he is so good riding his big wheel. He will turn on the hose every time he goes outside, despite me telling him not to. He likes to build "sand sculptures" in the sandbox. He LOVES milk and says, "Do you mind getting me some milk?" to which I respond, "Sure as long as you go potty first." And he runs off with a smile. He wants so much to be big like Lukas. It will be so good for him to start preschool. He is a softie that just needs a little TLC to smooth his rough edges. He really has a tender heart and if you get upset with him or tell him something that he doesn't like, he'll start to cry and say, "Don't be mean to me." It's hard to not get mad at this little guy.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Another owie??? Uh- oh Max!! I swear, he must've broken SOME record. :)