Thursday, August 28, 2008

Talker

Max is talking so much. He can communicate easily with us and let us know what he likes and dislikes. He has gotten really good at throwing tantrums and just standing there screaming until we do what he wants. If he is mad, he usually throws whatever he has in his hands or whatever you are trying to give him. Then when you pick it up and give it back, he usually accepts. He also melts our hearts when he says, "luv vu" and when he gives hugs and kisses all on his own. I just love how he is so solid and can throw his weight around. He has the cutest hands and chubby wrists. He has a dimple to die for and the cutest smile ever!!! I taught him baby sign and he still remembers please, more and milk. But he talks a lot with words. He clearly says:
  • I get out (like if he's in his crib).
  • Unclip me.
  • I can't see.
  • Mom, look at me.
  • I spy my eye, sumting boo. (I spy with my little eye, something blue.)
  • Basement or outside or downstairs (then with a gentle tug of my hand will lead me there)
  • Stop it!
  • Na na nah na na nah na na BATBAM (batman theme song).
  • Panda, ka chow! (with a kick move)
  • Today I told him we're going to the store and asked if he wanted to come. He smiled and said, "IKeya" then more clearly said, "IKEA". He likes to go to my favorite place!!!
  • Pee-you. Stinky, change you.
  • I like it. (But really this memeans I don't like it).
  • Lukas hurt me. or Lukas toy. (Lukas hurt me or Lukas took my toy from me).
  • Play Noggin. Watch it.
  • Bear Blue House. Welcome, welcome to house. (We get the DVD Bear in the Big Blue House at the library and it's his favorite.)
  • Twinkle, tinkle star. (He loves this song and can sing it most of the way through with help).
  • Jesus sunbeam. Again, he loves this song and can sing most of it.
  • Tommy here. (Lukas friend Tommy comes over a lot).
  • Ike keem. (Ice Cream)
  • Candy.
  • Posicles (but he says it with the cutest lisp).
  • Dinosaur. ROAR! Scawy. (Scary).
  • I scawed. (scared).
  • Yata (pinata)
  • We like to offer incentives for good behavior and for special occasions so after we tell him what he has to do to get the treat we say, "deal?" and he'll say "deal" back.

No comments: